11-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #40
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
I agree AMG makes great cars but the SLS Black Series at 250K pails in comparison to a 130K GT3, it pails in comparison as a driver's tool even next to entry level 991S let alone anything up the 911 line.

I do agree at this point they make more engaging cars than BMW. Mercedes seems to have switch roles with BMW. BMW is making the tail happy, hard to handle at the limit cars while Merc is making the driver's cars.

As far as the Jag goes, it may be a breath of fresh air, but it again pails in comparison to its respective Porsche car, whether that be a 911 or Cayman and as far as I know has lost in every comparo too. Its a great car but still a LONG ways off from a the bar that Porsche has set with it current cars...then again, everyone is.
That's all fine and dandy if all we are talking about is TRACK PERFORMANCE and LAP TIMES. I like my Porsche's but they don't invoke soul and excitement like other car manufacturer's models.

Point being, if lap times are all you are after, than a Ariel Atom or another street legal track toy will be faster and cheaper, you see what I mean?
Appreciate 0