View Single Post
      10-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #35
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
As a current FL W204 C63 owner, AMG knows how to make a car. No one knows what they can do in this compact and lighweight segment as they have never done it before. But I can bet they will nail it out of the park on thei first attempt. The Porsche 911 is a tremendous benchmark, but it is not impossible. Just look at the Jaguar F-Type Coupe R. Not as fast as some of the 911's but it sure was a breath of fresh air in the car world. The fact that AMG is even trying is an accomplishment in itself. What is BMW doing? Building the next 1.2 liter 3 cylinder with duracell batteries hooked up to it? Might be great for sustainability and profits but for enthusiasts, they are all but dead in the water.

You know shit got real when MB AMG makes better performing and more engaging drivers' cars than BMW does.
I agree AMG makes great cars but the SLS Black Series at 250K pails in comparison to a 130K GT3, it pails in comparison as a driver's tool even next to entry level 991S let alone anything up the 911 line.

I do agree at this point they make more engaging cars than BMW. Mercedes seems to have switch roles with BMW. BMW is making the tail happy, hard to handle at the limit cars while Merc is making the driver's cars.

As far as the Jag goes, it may be a breath of fresh air, but it again pails in comparison to its respective Porsche car, whether that be a 911 or Cayman and as far as I know has lost in every comparo too. Its a great car but still a LONG ways off from a the bar that Porsche has set with it current cars...then again, everyone is.
Appreciate 0