View Single Post
      10-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #23
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I don't think you can or will be able to judge this car based upon past AMG cars. This is a smaller/lighter car than both the SLS and C63. It is actually the same size as the 991. Looking forward to the comparos, another great addition to the category. I have a sneaking suspicion the AMG GT is going to surprise some people.
AMG can talk all they want...its only marketing and hype. Nothing more. Stack it up against what it will be competing against; GTS, GT3 or turbo/S, it doesn't stand a chance and I'll bet money on that. I know the car isn't out yet, but I'm quite confident it simply won't stand a chance.

I doubt it will even be within 200 lbs of the 991. Mercedes finds a away to make their cars very heavy...

So i just looked it up, Mercedes is claiming they beat the 4 year old 991S by 1 second on the Ring. That is laughable. Thats what 103 hp and 100 ft lb of tq get you. 1 second. Its easy to say the AMG GT will NOT compete with the face lifted 991S, nor will it even stand any chance against anything else up the 911 range. Just for comparison sake, GT3 runs 7:25 on the Ring with 475 hp.

I'm a very big fan of the new Mercs, but they aren't of Porsche calibre. Their AMG Black Series stuff is still a bit behind what Porsche can do. Based on the lap time, they're about 5 years behind. And Porsche holds back quite a lot on their cars too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Did you see the most recent pic leak of 991 GT3 RS, it is going to be mega.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...s-leaked-again
This car is going to be incredible. The GT3 is about as perfect as you can get yet this will improve upon it. As I said above, Porsche holds back a lot on the cars they end up going to production with, but they always seem to outdo themselves.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 10-27-2014 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0