Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
With speed limits not increasing its just so much power that your done so quick. It may be useful on a track but how many people track their two ton luxury sport sedans/coupes? I prefer cars where I need to work for power or I can at least rev them out more. The quick 0-60 sprints may be exhilarating but I find it gets old quick, and the engineering behind making these cars incredibly quick just robs it of feel. This is not just a BMW issue too, even with Porsche I would take a base Carrera over a Turbo any day of the week. Even the base Carrera is a little too fast since its become turbocharged (another reason why NA 911's are just so great).
Although not a M8 owner but rather a M850i owner the sentiment stands in regards to 0-60 sprints vs the total drive. In fact that is why I try to take the M850i at least a couple of times a week on my "course" which includes a 10 mile stretch of straights plus winding rural desert driving. The straights are fun to hit 105 MPH plus on but the engaging aspect is the winding curves and continuously trying take them harder the more comfortable I become behind the wheel and reduce my overall time for that section of the drive.

On a side note the C&D review of the 992 Carrera S (https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ual-enjoyment/) in manual form made complete sense to me. Sure the PDK will give you better zero to 60 times but to their point it just isn't as engaging as the manual. Also kudos to Porsche on MECOSA as being an engineering geek that is a feat within itself.
While I love manuals, does any millennial (anyone under the age of 40ish), even know how to drive a stick shift?

I think it's a dying art, just like the form of ICE engines; soon we'll all be driving electric automatic vehicles.
Thanks for reminding all of us of the bleak future imposed on us by EPA, for lots of good legit reasons though!
Appreciate 1