03-01-2019, 11:14 PM   #31
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
Have a 2007 Yukon Denali, bought at 120k, now at 190k. The other week some suspension components needed to be replaced, up until then I've only changed consumables..it's been a great vehicle..except for the 12mpg combined.
I had a 2005 Chevy Equinox (first year vehicle) that was in my family that I drove throughout college, and it went almost 150k miles with never so much as a check engine light until I hit a deer with it on the interstate while visiting home one weekend. Still drove it after it was repaired until I got a good job out of college and then ditched it. I don't really care for GM products, but I will say that car was the MOST reliable vehicle I've ever come across in my life. I also can't believe how many early-2000s Trailblazers I still see on the roads here without a spot of rust on them. It seems Chevy figured out how to make reliable cars even back then.

My 2012 Kia Optima that I replaced the Equinox with is probably the "worst" vehicle I've owned. It got the job done and never left me stranded, but during a 3-year lease period, the battery died and needed replacement (turns out this was common with Kia), horrible Kumho tires wore so unevenly I had to replace them at 20k miles, and the steering rack or bushings somewhere in the suspension system had worn so badly that I could feel a loose rattle vibrating through the steering rack and to my hands. Just total garbage and why they can sell them for $20k with all the bells and whistles to make you think it's a good bargain. I only had it 3 years/40k miles. Who knows what would have come up had I kept it longer...