View Single Post
      07-19-2015, 10:05 PM   #1
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Turbo Leak, Decreased Power, It Happened, What Now?

I guess I’ve been kind of a lame duck F82 owner. I have had my car for almost a year with a little less than 4,000 miles on it and haven't had a single issue. I was one of the early production people of last year (week 24/June 6th 2014) so I’ve braced myself for early production woes.

While driving today, I decided to give the car a little stick (Sport Plus Everything). As it pulled and almost simultaneously, the power was decreased significantly and the engine whistle from the turbos was much louder. I think the charge pipes/turbo pipes literally blow off from the pressure. I think this is the clamp issue many people had in the past.

When I left my destination, the engine light was on and the idle was weird as the car was misfiring; I thought the car was going to car into limp mode. However, after the initial 5-10 seconds after start up I drove the car home slowly in automatic and in efficient mode. I decided to give it a little stick with the sport displays showing me the power of the car and it wouldn’t go past 240hp/torq.

Does this sound similar to what some of you have experienced and how quick/easy is the fix? I was debating on fixing it myself but can’t find a DIY and don’t really know where the loose clamps are at. I hate dealers and I’m going to have withdrawals lol.
Appreciate 0