09-25-2020, 12:05 AM   #5
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
I personally haven't but others have complained regarding the exhaust neutering. In fact one poster stated according to their SA it was the "controlled backfire" update (apologies to limeypride in advance as I promised to never say that again due to the shits and giggles it conjures). Now I just refer to it as the asinine neutering of a glorious stock exhaust.

As posted elsewhere, there are several states in the US with exhaust sound limits (80 dBA) so my theory is that BMW is addressing that across the board vs the fact here in AZ I just need a working muffler. In other words the lowest common denominator is the answer to avoid dealing with customer issues in the states with the limitations. Just my theory based on a couple of decades dealing in contract law in my career.
Here in FL it's about a relaxed as you can get...straight piped Harley's blast by often especially on the east coast Ft Laud/Miami area scaring women and small children. Weird thing is BMW is doing this retroactively, but they were just fined $18M for inflating US monthly sales figures for the last FIVE years!
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...sales-73226354

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0