09-24-2020, 11:49 PM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Thanks I won't, rub is the aforementioned Vehicle Will Turn Off Soon issue I'm getting and hope they don't force a new SW upgrade on me.
I would be thoroughly unhappy if they ruined the sonorous sounds my car's exhaust makes even with everything set to comfort. Have you contacted BMWUSA or spoken to your dealer's shop foreman for an explanation/resolution?
I personally haven't but others have complained regarding the exhaust neutering. In fact one poster stated according to their SA it was the "controlled backfire" update (apologies to limeypride in advance as I promised to never say that again due to the shits and giggles it conjures). Now I just refer to it as the asinine neutering of a glorious stock exhaust.

As posted elsewhere, there are several states in the US with exhaust sound limits (80 dBA) so my theory is that BMW is addressing that across the board vs the fact here in AZ I just need a working muffler. In other words the lowest common denominator is the answer to avoid dealing with customer issues in the states with the limitations. Just my theory based on a couple of decades dealing in contract law in my career.
Appreciate 0