09-24-2020, 11:38 PM   #3
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
The easy answer is in February the dealer installed 07/2019.55 which was on my late October build 2020 M850i and the exhaust was indeed glorious. When my dealer installed 11/2019.55 in December due to my Connected Drive app connectivity issues (which turned out to be just a SNAFU on BMW's cloud services due to special characters in the password) the exhaust was still glorious. The pain came unexpectedly with my OTA upgrade to 11/2019.70 as it absolutely neutered the exhaust to the point only Sport Plus has any resemblance to the exhaust sound when I took delivery. The key is absolutely do not upgrade!
Thanks I won't, rub is the aforementioned Vehicle Will Turn Off Soon issue I'm getting and hope they don't force a new SW upgrade on me.
I would be thoroughly unhappy if they ruined the sonorous sounds my car's exhaust makes even with everything set to comfort. Have you contacted BMWUSA or spoken to your dealer's shop foreman for an explanation/resolution?

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0