Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37psi View Post
Yes.

My sister in law has PCOS. This means she has problems losing weight. Her hormones have made up their mind and she can be at the gym for months but only shed a few pounds.

My mum has thyroid problems. She works out like mad but her weight is at a set point. She cannot seem to go below it.
Women have it the worst because at around 40 yrs of age (post-hitting "The Wall") their bodies add fat in order to keep estrogen levels high. Add lifestyle changes, age, stress, and you have significant weight gain.
Disagree that women have it worst.

After ~35 years of age, men begin suffering gradual decline in testosterone, that continues until death. Decline in testosterone leads to fat gain, decline in sex drive, loss of lean body mass, hair loss, increase in estrogen levels, psychological and emotional changes, and a wealth of other issues.

Men and women both have it bad, but both are so different to say one sex has it worse than the other.
Ya all those things happen, but IMO it's nowhere near as bad as what happens to women.

Men, physical fit especially, can mitigate some of those things, but women really can't.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00