View Single Post
      03-20-2018, 03:51 AM   #16
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanen View Post
Thanks for following up...the short answer is 1) Yes...2) a little (ie 1 cm) 3) No

The longer answer is that I love the Ohlins and believe they are a superior suspension for the M2...but....even with my softer springs (than the standard Ohlins M2 offering ) of 80N/mm front and 160N/mm rear and at 20 clicks (the softest setting) my suspension is slightly stiffer than stock. Actually I think it is about the same as stock when new, but when I compared my new set up with a friends M2 with 8,500 miles on it, his seemed a little more compliant and softer riding than mine. That said, mine are of course new and my car still only has 3,000 on it. The reason I am still loving the Ohlins is they have such a fricking 'stuck to the road' feeling...no more bounce, they just seem to absorb road bumps, particularly the medium and larger road irregularities which can really upset the chassis in a turn. So I love my Ohlins but if you want a system that is softer I would go with the Dinan or I would order the Ohlins with 70N/mm front and 140-150N/mm rear which Jake at Ohlins said the valving can handle....he said you can go up to a 25% lower spring rate (from standard) before you start to defeat the valving.
Either way, this car rocks....hitting the track for the first time in 2 weeks...hmmm, back to 5 clicks settings is my plan for track duty....

hmmm that's very interesting about the stiffness compared to stock. Do you think that the 70/150 combo would make it perfect? Why haven't you changed the spring yourself to 70/150 ?

how much lower than standard is your car? So your saying it rides as good as standard roughly lowered?

She is a bit of Kanga to buy this kit so yeah just wanting to make sure i'll be happy with it. Think i'm a 70/150 guy though.

Last edited by JL1; 03-20-2018 at 03:58 AM..
Appreciate 0