View Single Post
      11-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #6
just blaze
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvas View Post
I've had the Bilstein B16 PSS10 coilovers installed on my 2017 M2 for about 5,000 miles now. I drive the car on street and track (about ten days this year) and my suspension setup includes the Bilsteins, GC camber plates (running at 2.7 deg) and SC2 tires.

Overall - A good, quality option at a price point materially lower than the Ohlins R&T.

Ride - A little stiffer than the stock setup over uneven pavement but I've been living with it without too much complaining from the girlfriend - and I live in Manhattan. Generally, l keep them at the softest settings for the street and crank them up a bit for track days. Over wavy pavement, there is much better control than the stock setup - with the stock suspension the tires tended to bounce out of control in some situations. The Bilsteins remind of the very controlled ride in some of the Porsches I have driven.

Quietness - So far both the B16s and camber plates have not made a sound. Thankfully, the "swoosh" sound from the stock shocks when going over speed bumps is also gone.

Adjustability - Single adjustment knob for compression/rebound ratio makes life easier for someone like me who is new to coilover setup. They are located at the bottom of the shocks so a jack is necessary to reach them, but otherwise easy to adjust. Nice solid and clear clicks for each setting.
Appreciate the feedback. This helps me make my decision a lot easier. The price point is also definitely a plus.