02-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #76
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Nod, agreed on all points ... except maybe the AMG being a better car. I bought a 2018 E63S and sold it after 8 months ploughing straight back into bimmers. 2 x F90s later and now (well, almost now) an M8 Comp GC and I struggle to want any other car at any other price (OK, I'm exaggerating and I'd probably take a Bugatti but there genuinely isn't much else I want). I test drove the GT63S for a few hours and it's nice--interior is to die for--but the driving dynamics and tech are both more form over function. BMW fan boy? Guilty as charged but not for a lack of trying other brands.
The tech in the M8 is actually newer than the GT63s which is on the last Comand version, pre MBUX.
On a side note, we have MBUX in the GLE and it is on par with iDrive 7 IMO. Voice assistants are both limited and neither is better.
MBUX currently has the best navigation of anyone (augmented reality nav)

Since we have had the E63s and the M8Comp for a couple of months side by side I can say that the M8 offers a faster and smoother driving experience.
The car even sounds decent from the outside (D3, Sport+) but the AMG definitely feels sportier and sounds better and delivers more raw driving experience overall. You feel less insulated from the action.
Really appreciate the M8 but won't dismiss the attraction of the AMG.

That said, the value proposition of the BMW's can't be dismissed. I got a killer deal on the E63s in Nov.2017 where the ED.1's moving at list and up.

10% off with base MF. Now the more expensive M8 lease is so low that over half of the GLE lease is covered just by the savings over the cheaper E63s
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00