06-12-2020, 11:43 PM   #54
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Re-circulation aka "Max A/C" is just a band-aid that frankly in my wife's X5 is the only way the A/C can even catch up and function in AZ summer temperatures. If I had to "Max A/C" in the M850i with its tiny cabin vs the X5 I'd be an absolutely unhappy camper. It's just starting to sound like BMW has an issue with the M8/M8C A/C which is mind boggling as the same core components (compressor, condenser, etc.) should be equivalent across the 8-series.

Hence, my prior inquiry if anyone is tracking the build dates on the cars as there may be a corollary with a lot of bad OEM parts. Outside of that the "tweaks" to the M8/M8C within the engine bay may be the issue as the core duct work, etc. into the cabin once again should be universal.
My reason for mentioning recirc is two fold, one that since I have been using it exclusively due to the pandemic I haven't had one issue with cooling (something did occur a while back), and two I think the issue I had/others are having may have something to do with the hvac door(s) not fully opening/closing properly perhaps allowing too much outside air in, as during my incident I tried a bunch of things and I believe engaging the recirc and going back to auto mode did the trick. I no longer have to use auto mode either, just been using recirc but will try it w/o as a test next time I take out the car. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the issue being reported is just a software glitch.

Your thoughts about builds dates is a good one and that's why I encourage members on all the auto forums I belong do always list their production dates in their sigs.

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible

Last edited by RJC-1; 06-13-2020 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 2