United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da808dad View Post
They actually had about 3 or so 2019 M850i's for sale if I'm not mistaken. The one I picked up and 2 convertibles. They had just gotten a 2020 gran coupe in an individual green (see pic) but they wouldn't offer the same deal I got for my car.

The car I picked up was actually a custom order with an individual color that BMW screwed up on so the original customer no longer wanted it and it was sitting at the dealer for a while.

Market here on island is hard because it's not like I can tell them their price doesn't work and just drive to another dealer to look for a better offer.

When I picked up my last F80 M3 the demand was so high for them I couldn't barely get any deal on it. It came down to talking to the GM and he told me take it or leave it and if I didn't want it he would move on to the next customer on the waiting list.
Whoa, that's green!!

Yeah, your market is tough, no doubt. The M850 GCs are available here en masse but the M8 GCs, especially the Comps, are still absurdly rare. Perhaps I'm a unicorn buyer but, to me, it doesn't feel like that much of a niche market.

Funnily enough, what I'm seeing online is that the market is literally flooded with M8 Coupes--that's probably where the deals are to be had.

On your closing comment wrt/ unique M3s: precisely the same here; they wouldn't budge. I lost 3 or more perfect builds before one dealer came back to me after a week or so. Lucky, lucky us I guess!
Yeah it is green. Lol. But in person it's actually a nice green. Don't know what the actual color is called but it's almost a metallic green with gold pearl in it. Wife actually really liked that car and the fact that it is 4 doors. But dealer wanted almost $800 more a month than what I got our coupe for and that's with the coupe actually having a higher sticker price than this gran coupe. I just couldn't justify that difference in monthly payments and told her sorry. Lol.

I even tried to get the dealer to swap the wheels out from the car I got for the wheels of the green gran coupe but they told me they couldn't do that. Hahaha. Was worth a try.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00