03-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #14
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Unfortunately, both Assist and Genius just work off the scripts provided by BMW. So if you hit an issue outside of that knowledge base it turns into a frustrating experience. Lived that with my ConnectedDrive app no longer communicating with the car which all turned out to be the "@" special character in my password which was obviously not in their knowledge base of scripts to help me through a problem that should not exist whatsoever. Especially considering the "@" worked for months until something changed in the "middle", i.e., some sort of upgrade for the ConnectedDrive cloud server.
Their scripts lack any common sense as well for alternative options. I opened a ticket since I couldn't add my wife as a secondary driver.

I forgot about just to realize that 56 days later I never received a follow-up. They acknowledged that delay, apologized and told me that this will be an escalated IT ticket. Expect 5-7 business days.

Which of course passed without action.

Called again, they said they couldn't fix it and would have to wait for IT to get back. Instead I asked to simply delete the record so I could start over.

Needless to say, my wife was setup in 10 minutes...
Appreciate 0