12-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #17
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Times have changed. Back then the auto sucked and the manual was supisrior.

Now that is no longer true and other than "engagement" or "feel" which some don't care about, now the market has spoken, manual sales are down. Hell I don't want a manual f30 and certainly won't be buying manual g20 new. So I really don't care what BMW does, they simply no longer make cars I want. I will continue to own manuals but I won't go around crying about it when a manufacture decides it is no longer feasible for them to keep making it. There are plenty of great cars already in existence to satisfy my needs for a manual.
i agree with you; however the ultimate tragedy here is how someone USED to be able to wander into a BMW dealer, pick the CHEAPEST 3-series with a manual---and drive home one of the finest cars in the world. Such is not the case.

Originally, M cars were meant to merely be a low production 'niche' option. Now we are forced to buy an M car just to get a BMW with some guts. Pretty unfortunate...

It's not true for other brands. One can STILL go and buy the CHEAPEST Porsche and arguably get the most fun one right out of the showroom. Not the case with BMW.
Efthreeoh17387.00