08-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #15
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I'd still highly encourage you to look at Z4M Roadsters, because it literally ticks every box.

Pedigree, hell of an engine, reliable after S54 bulletproof, decently rare and just about as dedicated purpose as BMW could do. $25k would get you a very clean one with money left over for the S54 bulletproofing.

Like I said, I considered the Z4MR and S2000 when I was in the market and you can see which one I preferred. I keep preaching it, but I do not think there's a better value in the ///M market than this car at the moment.
I was overly impressed on prices. Clean example with 50k-ish miles selling for $16k - $18k ??? That’s a ton of fun for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Well-maintained, high-mileage Lotus Elise or Exige.
I had no idea that could be an option - especially an Exige! I would LOVE one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
Corvette C5 Z06.

As a previous owner I'm biased, see username. In singular purpose, its still hard to beat even 20 years after introduction IMO. I find them extremely entertaining to drive as well.

Yeah, it'll need some modernization especially seats and infotainment but those are easy upgrades. With the size of the aftermarket, you can go multiple different directions.

I'd catch one now as they are starting to gain value.

I'd also give a look at an S2000. But it would be far in 2nd place. I also previously owned an NC Miata and while fun, I definitely wouldn't put it on par with the Vette.
I’ve owned many LS-based cars. Nuts what can be done for so little money. That FRC lowered down on a nice set of wheels is a hell of a looker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
E92 is probably the best one if you want the one car that can do it all. There are better sports cars and better daily drivers out there. But if I had 25k to spend and only one car allowed to drive in the rain, snow, sun... that would be it.

once you expand the garage to a 2-3 car setup for yourself the e9x kind of loses out to other cars that are better for the job of being a sports car or being a daily driver.
That’s my issue. Unless I gut it or something... it’s a hell of a do-everything car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Probably would get a Terminator. Get a whipple and replace the dog shit interior starting with the seats. Or a lotus on the cheap and get a K20 swap
Interesting choice on a Terminator! I honestly wouldn’t have even thought of one of those even though I’ve had many Mustangs. How are they to drive? Monsters I’m sure, but is it enjoyable? I’ve heard the clutch is a nightmare.
Appreciate 0