Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Wait a minute......"accidentally" said I love you? No one accidentally says this. Lots of thought went into this.....from how to say it, when to say it, etc. Especially if it came from the female first. I can assure you, if she said it, it was well planned and thought out for weeks before it was muttered.

I too am curious as to how the rest of the exchange followed. I've been lucky enough to share the sentiment of anyone who has ever said it to me. I mean, how does a person respond to such a thing in the event that the feeling is not mutual?
It definitely wasn't that complicated. We had just left a bar after a couple of drinks and some food. I walked her to her car, kissed her goodnight, and she said "Ok, I love you". It was more of an instinctual reaction than an actual "I'm in love with you" kind of thing. The sort of thing you would say to a family member when you hang up the phone.

Edit: My reaction was to turn and look at her quizzingly and smile real big, to which she said "That's not what I meant. I mean, I like you". I just kept smiling and said goodnight.

We've had some pretty good discussions regarding how we both feel and what we're ready and not ready for in this relationship. We've both expressed the fact that we have love for each other, but it isn't at that point yet.

I'm not sure if this clears things up or makes it more confusing.
Wait. I am confused as a baby at a buffet (topless bar). Even if it's an instinctive response it still came from somewhere... she must have thought about it. It's safe to assume love is in the air. Do you love her? If so, then would you ask her... about last night when we parted... you quickly said... what did you mean?
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00