View Single Post
      07-19-2020, 04:44 AM   #16
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
Hello everyone, I posted a similar post in the X5/6 section to feel both groups, had anyone went from X5/6 to M850gc and regretted it? I'm trying to decide between the two, seating position, ground clearance etc... I know without a doubt I love the way the 850 drives plus the one I'm eyeing is fully loaded, I appreciate any insights, thank you.
Hello.

I had similar decision making..

Going from G30 540i mperf. (Seems there is not enough space here for me anymore)

When the 8 released I was almost sure that I would go for M8 cabrio... but its 1y ago, now I have small baby at home and changed my mind..

For me it was M8 gc vs X5M.

m8
+ heart thing for me
+ super sporty feel and drive
+ design
+ almost nobody has it

- too low (I will scratch bumper soon or later because our streets and sidewalks are bad)
- absolutely no space on backseats, I was sad because I thought that would be much better than 4 gc but for me when I tried it was almost the same - no way to sit here for adults so I cant take nobody adult from my family for longer trip
- I dont like the trunk, worse than 5er (I never thought that the baby stuff takes that much space )
- you can see nothing in mirror but thanks cameras doesnt matter
- no glass roof for M8
- in two bmw saloons recommended me NOT the 8.. They said "take the M5 instead its more practical a better drive", they said they dont like the 8er drive.

X5M (Driven only 50d btw)
+ more luxury feel inside + nicer dashboard (subjecitve)
+ never had suv and I like it (subjective)
+ view around and "high feeling"
+ much more space in interior, trunk
+ big beast -> safety (8 is rly low on ground)
+ my gf and parents would like it much more (manipulation with baby, baby stuff, getting in/out for parents, my gf feel safer and maybe dont worry to drive it as the 8 )
+ as said above, for me its more family-friendly car
+ glass roof

+- comfort? (tested just 50d, M going to be stiffer)

- sporty feeling
- not that special as 8
- backseats almost same like 5er but much better than 8 gc.. the "-" is for I thought in that size of car could be better..
- for most of us not a dream car

If I have no family or no needed to take someone on back seats I would definitively take the m8 cab or m8 gc.
... but I have so I went for family car with sporty feel.

If I had more money I would go for X5/X6 50i (comfort drive, family car, "wifes car" )+ M8 cabrio hehe.

I have ordered the X5m in standard but equipped it that much so difference from comp is only 1800€ but I still cant get info from dealers if is comp stiffer or not.

Have a nice day :-)
Appreciate 1
BeeMdblU452.00