04-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #52
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Interesting and diverse age group - love it! Just goes to show that the 8 series/M8 isn't just for older people. Had a discussion recently where a mate of mine said that the 850i/M8 was primarily for older gents. I can understand it given the price point, but if dealerships can bend on the price then I can see a lot of us younger lads buying the car.
Absolutely agree and reminds me of the Oldsmobile marketing campaign stating "this isn't your grandfather's Oldsmobile". The irony being when I had the Lexus LC 500 on the shortlist my CA at the dealer literally joked at how many of his older clients coming out of LS models tried the LC but frankly couldn't even get in and out of it due to the low profile which is nearly ground level vs a LS.

The conversation stemmed from the fact that at 54 with my 6'6" height and left knee issues (here in the US that is your pivot leg to get in and out of a car) I had concerns as well. Wind the clock forward getting into the M850i is easy but getting out I have a process which requires less impact on the knee and I'm a happy camper.
Appreciate 0