Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
Launch Edition:

Whether the launch edition is worth $20k plus or not is up to each one to decide... I thought you were worried about the fact that you could not put a deposit down on a 4C for $55-$60k instead.

Oooops... there's the problem with the two pedals only, back to circular logic... maybe the BRZ and the Cayman have a chance then?!
What's the challenge with putting a deposit down? I don't mind the idea, but since Subaru and Scion dealers are still trying to get over MSRP for the BRZ/FRS, I would imagine that it will be a little while until the Alfa is available for MSRP or less. I don't need to be first in line, and I imagine the Launch Edition cars, just by merit of their name alone, will be the first cars sold.

I love the new Cayman design, I enjoy the old one too. A Cayman feels more sorted than the BRZ, but of course it should for the price. The BRZ is certainly a good value and if we ever see an STI, it could be a serious consideration against the Cayman and 4C for me.

There's no doubt that I personally struggle with the lack of an available manual in the 4C, but this would be a weekend car for me, and my daily is a manual, so I could probably learn to deal with it.
Appreciate 0