01-15-2021, 09:56 PM   #31
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
And back to the original guidance in this posting... https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=11. That said my only true desire with the iDrive memory settings is for it to support the B&W EQ as it changes based on the source material. Sure, I have a baseline that works best across the board for SiriusXM and my SSD FLAC sources but when I want to truly relish in the B&W audio on my FLAC sources I have Evernote notes with specific EQ settings for various albums I've spent the time to dial in.

Tonight's choice is a source I use to evaluate all audio gear for my hand picked home audio system, i.e., Rush's master audio release for A Farewell to Kings and specifically Xanadu. The reason being is it is an absolute master art work in sound tapestry with Neil Peart (#RIP #TheProfessor) and Alex Lifeson exercising any audio system to its greatest abilities to either shine or fail. I dialed in the EQ based on my Evernote note for the album, turned it up to 60 and relished in an amazing soundscape from the B&W audio in my M850i. For those out there still stating the B&W is not worth the $ or it doesn't have enough bass, etc. sorry you're all wrong.
Fly by Night and 2112 were high school staples along with everything Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan and Boston (even some Jean Luc Ponty's Enigmatic Ocean and Alan Parson's Project I Robot for good measure...saw Rush in concert in 1978...ah the good ole days. I miss my old bong, wonder whatever happened to that thing lol

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1272.50