View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 05:16 PM   #24
waterhousej
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerha View Post
Hey Jimbo, I am about 40 minutes away from you, and have virtually an identical car except I have the ‘d’ not the ‘i’. I have the B&W, and can assure you it’s the best thing about the car, no crackling - and I am a HiFi buff. If (when we are free from lockdown) you want to meet up to compare, I’d be more that happy to. I hear good things about Cotswold BMW so I expect they will look after you.
Great, many thanks. I’m starting to think there might be more of a general fault with the Hi-Fi and that this maybe isn’t related to something like the active engine sound. I tried a few changes to settings today including each of the engine sound settings and then also ran a full reboot of the iDrive system. While playing around with the settings there were a couple of times when there was a really loud - almost deafening - interference sound even though I was listening to music from a USB rather than a source such as radio where you might expect some interference. It looks like I’m going to have to return the car when lockdown is over and leave it with them for a few days.
Appreciate 0