Mgrae456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhousej View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I bought the car from Matthew at Cotswold BMW. It's in Dravit Grey and fully loaded with pretty much every extra including the Carbon Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack and Technology Pack.

I'm not sure if it was a Master Tech who looked at the car but it was only a quick check on Saturday morning. They plugged it into the diagnostics and couldn't find a fault. The technician couldn't hear the crackling but Matt also listened and could he could hear the noise I was highlighting.

We've agreed that I'm going to go back after lockdown ends to compare my B&W system with one in another 8 Series when one is in stock. I'm sure they will then agree that the sound isn't a trait of the car and take a deeper look. There is a setting to control the engine sound in iDrive but I've not tried altering this yet. I think this is set to 'Balanced' so I'll try this in the other settings. I'm not sure if there's a setting to completely turn this off but will ask the dealer to try this if I don't manage to sort this myself.

Regards
Jimbo
Hey Jimbo, I am about 40 minutes away from you, and have virtually an identical car except I have the 'd' not the 'i'. I have the B&W, and can assure you it's the best thing about the car, no crackling - and I am a HiFi buff. If (when we are free from lockdown) you want to meet up to compare, I'd be more that happy to. I hear good things about Cotswold BMW so I expect they will look after you.
@Rogerha I hate to be that guy but since you are a hifi expert and I am a noobie would you please share the settings you find best for the b&w. Surround, mode, EQ, etc.
Appreciate 0