Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
who has gotten this message and is it as serious as it sounds?

or will it go away after a restart?
It means you need to top off the coolant. Swing by the dealer and have them do it. Evaporation happens with change in seasons ect... it is normal. Just not all vehicles tell you but at each service they check it and top it off, so if you are going 10k each service its possible to see that. I know here in AZ they add each time I'm in for service on all of our cars.

To be sure its not serious keep eye on temp gauge if it goes high that is bad pull off tow it. Also you can pop hood look at the reservoir's there are two.
Thanks, yeah I figured it meant to add coolant but it's never appeared before and the car still drove fine and I didn't notice any overheating.

Basically I didn't say, but I'm kinda asking can it wait 6 months assuming it's not overheating or do I need to go in now.
We aren't driving much this year with things, and we were just in a wreck with other vehicles so I'd like to be able to walk and have 1 car out of the shop before the next one goes in.

I think we're on the same page. See if it pops up again;and or if it overheating.
Appreciate 0