01-31-2020, 02:26 PM   #16
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
The irony is one factor the truly helped seal the deal for me on a M850i was Car and Driver's review of a 2019 last March (https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/). This was long before I saw one in person nor did the test drives against it and the Lexus LC500.

Being a long time Car and Driver reader I've come to appreciate their consistency of reviews over the years as at least in my opinion they are always fair and will point out the highs and lows of any car reviewed. So quotes such as "The M850i's rack actually feels connected to the steering wheel, and it reports back what's going on with something approaching arrogance; it seems BMW's steering crisis is over" struck a chord as they have been knocking the steering aspect for the past several years.
I also like C&D overall as their assessments of cars generally aligns with my own. However I found those comments surprising because personally I found the 850’s steering to be the usual fare from BMW. Edmunds did a comparison between the 850 and 992 and basically shat all over the Bimmer’s performance on the track relative to the Porsche, steering including.
Appreciate 0