03-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #15
firstbimmernyc
Rep
Drives: M850

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbimmernyc View Post
I have around 700 miles on my M850 and I continue to love it. People appear to take a liking to the car as well. Garage attendants are always impressed with the car, especially the sound. I keep my car with Maserati's, Porsche's, and Mercs. They seem to like mine the best but they may be blowing smoke up my ass. I've been challenged to get at it on the highway more times than I'd like to admit. I don't always take the bait unless they have a legit chance. Lol. I love this car more and more tbh. Still always excited to get into it. I'm sure the M8 will be ridiculous but I don't see myself needing much more than what this car has to offer.
BMW has massaged many of their "not full M cars" so well and fast that the cost to rewards are not worth it for many.
The ride of the upcoming M8 will be harsher as well. This is a major issue for many of us that want a powerful vehicle but don't need it to be so hard core. I think the M850 hits it just right. How much faster do you need to go and you will end up paying $25k more to go only .20 of a second faster 0-60mph with a full M and have a harsher over all ride. Unless you track the car, it's not a good trade off.
Spot on! I am using this as my daily driver so I do want some comfort during my commute.
Appreciate 0