Thread: Zaino.. insanoe
View Single Post
      08-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
SlapSmak
Private
Rep
Drives:

Zaino.. insanoe

Back in the day I detailed cars and have always been a BIG Meguires fan.. all the machine polishes, most recently the NX waxes. Anyone that had seen my cars was always commenting on how good they looked, paint perfect etc. When I sold my Type R, the new owner could not believe what she looked like when I pulled her out of the garage as he bought her via eBay and only on the pics.
As I have been lurking on the detail forum and gleening as much info as possile, I bit the bullet and bought Zaino. I built my own kit based on info I found on this site and E90.
Washed Black Rokit in Dawn and so began her transformation. Clayed all the water spots off and began the Z5 treatment. I Bought the ZFX to make my life easier and mixed 1 oz with 5 drops. Spread the first coat with the Zaino Applicator which initially took quite a bit of elbow grease. let it dry in the shade and after 45 minutes buffed it off with the 10 year old terry towel. Wiped the car down with the gloss enhancer and did coat Number 2. the second coat goes on MUCH easier and then buffed off again with 12 Year old towel #2. Applied layer#3, still on the first 1oz mixed bottle and let that dry. Buffed that layer off and finished with the gloss enhancer.
The CS sealer is the final coat, and learning just how much is the right amount is difficult. I followed the directions and taking my time finished in about 10-15 minutes. I cannot describe the end result and I will have to take pics after the sun is up tomorrow. Even then, you will not get it from the pics. The Z5 is unreal on the SGM and in the sun, it looks like you can fall into the paint and swim...best money I have spent on paint products ever, and I have been doing this for a long time.
Pics in the morning..My arm hurts alot. I have not done a car by hand in a long time...