Thread: EV reality
View Single Post
      01-16-2023, 10:47 AM   #46
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

In addition to infrastructure issues for EV adoption, I'll say it again. Until there is a standard pushed down to all EV manufacturers as to charging/electrical and battery interfaces, this is going to be an uphill battle. Why ICE works so well is the fact that fuels are standardized. I can fill up my POS daily beater with the same fuel that will also power a McLaren 720. Also, the container namely the fuel tank won't typically degrade over time as a battery would.

Another analogy would be electrical appliances used in a home. The electrical standard has been set to be 120V 60Hz. All manufacturers since this became a standard to future products are designed to operate under this power standard. Same with how these products plug into the wall outlet. NEMA 5-15.

With the current state of EV development, it's one big cluster F, free for all with no specific oversight on channeling development into one common industry standard.
Appreciate 7
Efthreeoh17394.50
chassis6642.00
chad86tsi1605.00
ASAP10208.50
kyriian889.00