View Single Post
      07-27-2020, 04:58 PM   #2
Yogujuhere
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i, M850i Coupe

Hi folks. I thought I'd share my experience/story with you guys.
It all started with the previous M550i lease coming to an end.
Coming from an M550i I wanted something in the BMW family as I did really enjoy that car.

Working together with my friend, I decided on the M850i coupe and found this lovely little thing waiting for me in Iowa. I made an offer for it and when it was accepted...the deal was something I couldn't refuse. The spec wasn't exactly how I wanted it, but it was pretty darn close.

After some head scratching and hand wringing, I finally went for it and had the car shipped to me. When I finally got the car, I felt like a kid again =)

As the driver released it off his trailer, he mentioned that he just drove a 1000 miles in 2 days O.O
Hats off to these hard workers that don't get enough credit. That can't be easy doing this day in and day out.

Modifications

This car came with the cerium finish and I decided that I really wanted to do a cerium delete.

I far prefer everything in gloss black, except for the Exhaust tips which I prefer in that Cerium finish. Something about silver tail pipes I find a classic design.

I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like, so that evening I got to my laptop and starting searching. Since I did get the car with a Carbon Roof, I wanted to match it with some additional carbon pieces. I really wanted to get that Carbon Diffuser look and I liked the OEM style of it.

That evening I ended up order the following:

OEM PARTS
Part Number: 51-13-8-080-611 Black Kidney Grille (For cars with Parking Assistance Plus)
Part Number: 51-13-8-080-613 Black Left Fender Molding
Part Number: 51-13-8-080-614 Black Right Fender Molding

Part Number: 51-12-8-074-817 Carbon Rear Diffuser Bumper Trim
Part Number: 51-12-8-077-594 Rear Diffuser Trim Panel Bumper
Part Number: 51-12-8-077-464 Tow Hook Cover for Carbon diffuser

Part Number: 82-12-0-042-710 Laser Slimline License Plate Frames
Part Number: 82-12-0-010-404 M Logo License Plate Frame

After ordering the parts, I realized it was pretty much June and the start of summer. I needed tints ASAP. I called up my good buddy Sean @ Platinum Window Tinting in Medford, Long Island.
I've been going to Sean for nearly 10 years and he does excellent work. He also just moved into an even nicer facility.

I brought my brother in-law and my other good friend to get tints done. Me and the BIL got matching Barcelona Blue M850's. One coupe and one Gran Coupe.
For the Record - He got it first =)

We all went with the XPEL Ceramic XR Films @ 20%
Attached Images

Last edited by Yogujuhere; 10-27-2020 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 5