02-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #20
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Great post. I had not thought about it the way you have framed it but spot on. Australia is virtually cashless these days and it is moving to be cardless. The latest innovation here in Sydney is the State Government have now enabled the digital drivers licence which sits inside their app on your phone. Previously not carrying your physical drivers licence was a $120 fine. So when I leave the house these days I just take my phone - no wallet required. But wait what is that other lump in my pocket (please!) - why its my large BMW key - because there is no NFC on my iPhone.

For the record my 2019 has regular key, digital key, credit card key and manual key. But to your point, all of your points bloozemanAZ, it's a dysfunctional mess!
So now for the record we have two quad-fectas in getting a full set of keys! It's been about 10 years now since my last trip to Australia (an amazing experience) but my last few business trips to Japan and China also indicate the movement to 100% cashless via mobile pay (ApplePay, Samsung Pay, etc.) so here in the US we are way behind. Here in the US from an automotive perspective the best thing we have is most auto insurers have a mobile app with your insurance card available.
Appreciate 0