bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
You hit the quad-fecta
No doubt! As for the metal key, the only thing I can think of but could not verify for sure looking at some DK images is whether it has an integrated physical key like the standard electronic keys do. So my theory for now is it is a partner to the digital key. Can anybody with a DK confirm there is no integrated physical key?

That said now that I know a 2019 includes a DK and standard electronic key I feel a bit let down with the 2020. Sure the DK is gimmicky, too large for every day use, etc. but for a grin once in a while I may have used it, e.g., demoing the out of car parking for my older relatives whom have no clue that Tesla Smart Summon even exists.

Also, the DK could have been the wife's key as for a woman it works fine in a purse. The added benefit being it would be dead from any battery life 99% of the time sitting in the basket on the master bedroom dresser we store our car keys in. So on the occasion the wife decided to take the M850i to run an errand I'd be like as to why it wouldn't work. Love her to the moon and back but I won't even valet the M850i as I don't want anybody else driving it.

Lastly, I'll state the obvious but it is somewhat flabbergasting that BMW cannot deliver a simple thing like a full set of keys for a $115K plus car. For me no NFC. For the 2019 owners at least 1 if not two things missing (NFC and/or physical key). It shouldn't be that hard to deliver a flawless customer experience from a set of keys aspect.
Appreciate 0