02-01-2020, 12:15 PM   #11
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
It's odd you guys didn't get the metal long key too.
Unfortunately no nfc for me, yet another thing the dealer screwed up on. So glad I'll be working with another dealer for service etc, who's already ordered the nfc for me and they even offered (w/o my even asking) to look into getting it paid for since I never got mine. Guess which dealer I'd buy from or recommend to others?
For my 2020 all I received was two standard electronic keys. I commented on the lack of NFC key to my SA and he'd said they'd order me one (gratis) so now just need to follow-up on that. That said when I was doing my research into the digital key early last year to determine if it truly was tied to Samsung as stated or if I would stand a chance with my Pixel 3 XL I found a thread on the X5 forum extensively discussing the topic.

From that thread I learned the Pixel was out but discovered the NFC card option. Also based on that thread it is apparent that it is totally hit and miss as to whether one will come with the vehicle on delivery. Thus, I was not surprised when I didn't receive one and hence the mention to my SA.

Can you snap a pic of the metal long key? It sounds like they are rare and you may end up with a collector's item.
Appreciate 0