01-30-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
Raymond, that happened to me from time to time in the early days (about eight months ago), but not recently. Is there any chance your second key was in the vicinity of the car? That throws off the profile recognition system, big time.

My two other gremlins still show up every now and then: 1. The radio presets don't show in the HUD. If I shut off the car and let it reset for about eight minutes, the presets reappear. 2. The embedded garage door opener doesn't close the garage door. I've troubleshot that one from all directions and it still happens about once a month.
First off now everybody knows my name given the screen shots. However, I go by Ray but the connected app tied to my BMW profile and BMW FS account has my full name.

That aside it is one of the things I considered however the 2nd key was nowhere near the car when I drove home from the office. In fact it is buried in the master bedroom closet so not even a player when I'm here at the house.

The irony is my wife asked me if she has a key to the M850i as I have one to her X5 (which recognizes my profile flawlessly every time I drive). The answer was "yes" but every time she's been in the M850i with me she's made comments as to it would scare her to drive it. I attribute that sentiment on her part as to although I'm still in the 1200 mile break in and keep the RPM below 4500 and MPH under 100 I still DILYSI.
Appreciate 1