View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 01:42 AM   #10
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
It's mainly designed for super fast shifting times and end speed.
It's not only fast shifting and end speed. This gearbox is also very light and very compact, which are both very important in a small high performance car (a koenigsegg is quite a small hypercar)

It's quite an achievement that such a small company can develop their own gearbox. Unlike say...Bugatti that just outsources their gearbox with Ricardo.
But Koenigsegg is full of technological innovations. I think they're probably one of the most innovative automotive companies worldwide and they do that with only 200 personell or so.

And what's probably their biggest achievement, is that they can do all these innovations AND make a profit.
If you look at their biggest exclusive hypercar competitor, Bugatti, those are basically rolling VAG billboards. I think i've read that the chiron must sell more cars than Koenigsegg ever sold in their entire history to even hit break even point.

Here Christian von Koenigsegg tells a bit more about the jesko and how this gearbox came to be (starts around 4:00):
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-15-2020 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00