View Single Post
      12-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #36
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
IIRC Top Gear did that because that was the fastest Model S they tested. Subsequent tests were of slower times. So yeah Top Gear was actually biased towards the Model S if that is what they did.

Ludicrous mode is not repeatable performance while the Taycan can do the same runs multiple times. After a few runs the Model S would go into limp mode whereby an e-Golf will outrun it. I don't buy into one-trick ponies.

I have already seen vidoes of Taycan beating Model S. Honestly it's all very measurebating. If I am in the market for a hipo-EV and I have deep pockets, the Model S is not even remotely on my radar to X-shop.
Exactly, for me what Top Gear did is unforgivable and made the Model S look better than it was.

If you test cars against each other it should be same day. That once upon a time car A achieved a better result is irrelevant.
Sometimes car mags mention than car A did X today but their best ever time is Y... that is the only acceptable way to use better results than what you've done that day

And that somehow this was twisted to Top Gear being against Telsa is just incredible and speaks a lot about how nuts the fanboys are.
Appreciate 0