View Single Post
      12-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #30
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

I do realize that Taycan was built for the different intent: track and repeatable lunches. I don't understand when people compare something like M5 vs. Toyota Camry and then go like - OMG Camry is a piece of crap because its brakes overheat on the track... But one fact that Model S can accelerate close to Taycan and have over 300 miles of range for the half of price is pretty respectful in my book.
Also, the fact that Top Gear showed Model S in "range mode" with Ludicrous disabled during the video makes me wonder how accurate their other tests were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
IIRC Top Gear did that because that was the fastest Model S they tested. Subsequent tests were of slower times. So yeah Top Gear was actually biased towards the Model S if that is what they did.

Ludicrous mode is not repeatable performance while the Taycan can do the same runs multiple times. After a few runs the Model S would go into limp mode whereby an e-Golf will outrun it. I don't buy into one-trick ponies.

I have already seen vidoes of Taycan beating Model S. Honestly it's all very measurebating. If I am in the market for a hipo-EV and I have deep pockets, the Model S is not even remotely on my radar to X-shop.
Appreciate 0