Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3mr View Post
You mean like this:
I saw a certain BMW CEO checking out the Alfa stand. And also the same BMW CEO at the Audi stand. I think that is quite normal and good - for everyone. I know that the MB CEO's went to the Porsche stand as well to check out their new concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
How fortunate is it that the so called spies in the pictures are Asian or should I be more specific and say Chinese.
The Chinese were all over at the Frankfurt show "looking" and "taking" pictures in minute detail.

Over at the MB hall I saw a German engineer taking very close up pics of the engine bay on the new S-Class coupe and C-Class coupe. He also took pics of how the engine hood and trunk hinges worked. He was the only German I saw doing that. Most I would say were Chinese.

I don't have a problem with people checking out what the competition is offering and how the NAV or certain features work on the car. But I think its wrong for a person to spend an hour, at say that Audi interior mock up and be taking such detailed notes with photos and videos and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I remember that video. He gets upset that Hyundai built a better adjustable steering wheel column.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/vw-marti...ews-12669.html
Personally I think Hyundai has made the most progress over the last three IAA/Frankfurt shows. Their cars are getting more and more "premium" with very Germanic styling. I know my friend's who work for BMW AG has even said that Hyundai is on BMW's radar - for being a up and coming competitor in the German market.

Dackel
Appreciate 2