View Single Post
      04-16-2015, 11:20 PM   #60
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
A lot of interesting comments in here. I've only owned BMW's, and so far have owned 5 of them. I absolutely love this company and I have a deep connection when I sit in the cockpit of one of these machines.

However, I have to say BMW is not the great innovator and top dog it once undisputedly was.

Audi has the looks and interiors, but their cars still lack passion and feel too much like dressed up VW's. Similar to how Lexus feels in relation to Toyota. I will still give BMW marks for fending off Audi.

Mercedes on the other hand is kicking ass and taking names. Their cars are just gorgeous and drive wonderfully. I had the new 2015 C300 4 Matic for a loaner, and I was just shocked at the quality of every component in the car. The 3 series feels so cheap and pedestrian compared to the C class. Even crazier is how well the Mercedes drives. From a flick of a button, you go from comfy cruiser to a canyon cutter. It is just remarkable how much Mercedes has caught up, and in some ways, surpassed BMW. I have a lot of demons to fight off, because for my next lease I might be looking at a C400 Coupe instead of a 435i!