View Single Post
      10-01-2023, 04:36 AM   #77
Forethat
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison840i View Post
Chill Forethat, I can see the veins popping on your head from here lol
There's nothing wrong with an inability to interpret something correctly, but I can guarantee you that you can't see any of my veins. And they certainly aren't popping. Chuckling at someone who's had a serious case of hubris without realising it, perhaps. To help you correctly understand my mode, read my posts as if they were narrated by Stephen Fry the same way he reads 'Sherlock Holmes'. Hopefully, this clears your issue.

Quote:
For the op, really what did you expect? You know guys have attachments to their cars especially on a forum dedicated to their cars.
My whole point is that I think others aren't as emotionally attached to their vehicles as OP. OP has written ~3,250 comments on this forum. How many of them were spent on telling others how magnificent his BMW is? I am willing to bet he has posted a myriad of photos as well. I'll be very surprised if he hasn't posted every minor detail of his BMW. He is even so attached to his BMW he's initiating debates regarding other people's choices, and in particular why they didn't make the same choice as HE did and that they in secret envy him and really want one of his BMWs as well - he even claims we try to keep quiet about it. That's OK. Good for him. I hope he enjoys hos magnificent BMW. Personally, I use my 840 as a tool to drive me from A to B. Nothing else. That OP is extremely dedicated to his car - to the point of it being unhealthy - is pretty obvious.

Quote:
You could have just stated your opinion, there was no need for some of the language you used, putting "just being honest, no offence intended" doesn't work.
If I walk up to an obese person and tell them "you disgust me you hideous blob, just being honest, no offence intended"....you get the idea.
You're now spinning this by comparing owners of 840 as "obese", suggesting that something isn't right with them and that there's no easy way of telling them without offending them?
Look, there's no reason to beat about the bush anymore: if you (OP) spend the majority of your time on an Internet forum telling others about your fantastic BMW and imply that others who made a different choice don't exist or that they are all making up excuses for not getting one and even lie about it in an attempt to hide that they really want the same BMW you drive (implying they can't afford it and went for a cheaper option) then YOU are the obese in the analogy above and in need of professional help, simple as that.

Quote:
In forethat's defence, your op really did give off the vibe of "you wish you had an m8 but you can't afford it so you got this wannabe m8", whether it was intentional or not
It is rather obvious that was the intention. I posted a thread where I objectively, and in the same manner he did, reviewed the M8 after driving it for a couple of days. He reported and had the moderators remove that thread in one of the most tragic moment on this forum ever. It would honestly be difficult to make something like this up. Someone had the nerve to OBJECTIVELY give an account of why his BMW could be the wrong choice in certain situations? I bet his entire little world collapsed right there...

Quote:
Imo the 840i is a great car, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. More than enough power needed (for Australian roads anyway). Looks great, has a presence, comfortable, sounds good, can tune it to ridiculous numbers if wanted. Ticks all the boxes for me
In my case, it is all about the ability to ferry a passenger and me on the motorway at 5 a.m. in a comfortable manner which my M5 couldn't provide. OP seems to suggest that the 840i was the wrong choice because the brakes overheat when you provoke the car in race-like conditions and that I should have bought the same magnificent vehicle HE drives or possibly a 240 instead. D'oh!? One word comes to mind: muppet.
I personally wouldn't think about tuning or similar. But that's me and others are free to do whatever floats their boat.

I sincerely think OP should change his name to 'Lord Flashheart'. Or why not Kermit?
Quote:
"Hey Melchie! Still worshipping God? Last thing I heard He started worshipping ME…"
Appreciate 0