06-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #114
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon View Post
Haaaa I just saw the picture on carwow of the car and the back seats, no way is that a 3 across sitting or even kid friendly in any way. The simple fact they can reach the center console with their feet is a no go.... The controls on the rear console would be destroyed in a couple of weeks. Also the length of those back doors would be problematic in a parking lot.

The car is beautiful, but if you want a 4 door, you probably want some level of practicality. I guess I'm just not understanding the target market for this...
Respectfully, if putting 3 people on a consistent basis in the backseat is a requirement, then just get an M5 (or M550, etc.) instead. Anyone getting an 8GC is doing so with the understanding that the rear seat is 2+1. There's less headroom in the 8GC vs the 5-Series, as well. If the 8GC layout doesn't fit the needs of some people that's ok, in fact it's the point - there are other models that do. If every car was built identically, there'd be no reason to get one over another.
Appreciate 3
clee1982797.50
jjasonSU194.00