View Single Post
      08-19-2009, 08:16 AM   #76
Cyclenirvana
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan

Interesting video from an exotic car cruise in California shot from a Ford GT. Note the orange Gumpert.
http://www.speedandmotion.com/pages/.../PCHOct08.html

Also, more from Edmunds about the designer of the car as well as its feature (seat is fixed but pedals and steering wheel are adjustable):
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...1/pageNumber=1

I actually like the car. From talking with people who have seen it in person, it is very well put together. But of course the looks are very subjective, and we all have opinions...but I find the "design" flaws discussion interesting. To read this discussion, I would have the impression that the comments were being made by Ferrari's or GM's engineering/design team...but I have a feeling that is far from the truth.....
Perhaps Roland Gumpert should give the "design expert" on this forum a call, after all he doesn't know what he is doing?? Anyone here designed any cars lately? Prototypes?

The surgeon analogy is interesting. As a physician, I could critique another physician's expertise and practice but to do so, I would need to show that we practice equally (e.g. same subspeciality, similar mix of patients, similar techniques, similar numbers of procedures, etc). Simply practicing in the health care field is not sufficient. A floor nurse is not qualified to critique a neurosurgeon's removal of a pituitary tumor; an internist could never be qualified as an expert witness arguing against an orthopedic surgeon's technique for removal of an osteosarcoma. To comment as an "expert" on car design, I would believe you would need to design cars...not just talk about "design" in a generic sense. In other words, you need to establish sufficient credibility. Obviously, we can all have opinions but IMHO the comments from the post "designer" sound like expert testimony without sufficient credentials. But I may be wrong...and I welcome being proven wrong if you can show me your car designs??!?

Last edited by Cyclenirvana; 08-19-2009 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0