View Single Post
      11-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #45
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
The Z06 will be as fast as the Viper TA or the upcoming GT3RS on a track. I am a track junky I guess, but at certain point I have to ask myself whether I would feel comfortable with all that speed?
The fact is, I have difficulties getting the most out of the 997.2 GT3RS on track. I cannot do laptimes within 0.5S of consistency over 10 laps. Getting faster is not necessarily means more fun. Actually, now that I think of it, the M3 and the MX-5 just as much fun (or more) than the GT3RS. I think I would be frightened by the Z06. I doubt I can easily exploit the limits of any car similarly fast.
On one of my last track days I was passing a couple of Gen IV ACR Vipers and one of the driver came up to me after our session and said it must be fun this car around the track. I had to tell him sometimes I am f.king terrified and feels like hard work and concentration.
Anyway, kudos to GM, the new Z06 seems like a very nice car.
(might pick up a convertible to avoid temptation to track it!)
Actually the vibe I get from the reviews is how easy the car is to drive. The chassis handles the hp very well. Randy Pobst said, "The power felt great. Honestly, I want another hundred more. It's stable enough. You don't feel threatened." Granted Randy is a very accomplished racer. But Chris Lago echoed similar thoughts about how composed the new Z06 is.
Appreciate 0