View Single Post
      01-19-2024, 09:52 PM   #13
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

D1 is definitely a full time job.

Both of my sisters played volleyball and my oldest sister went to Northeastern.

She had full ride offers from about 20 D1 schools and choose northeastern for their co-op program. Her neighbour in residence was Reggie Lewis who went on to play for the Celtics. She had a great experience and ended up with a Finance degree specializing in Accounting. Got a job with one of the big 8 accounting firms from one of her co-ops right out of school. Fast forward and she now deals with knee, elbow and shoulder injuries that come back to bite you in your older years. She had 3 knee, 1 elbow and 2 shoulder surgeries from the age of 19 -23. Now she has major stomach issues traced back to all the painkillers they gave her to keep playing while injured.

My other sister was taller, faster and a much better VB player, about 40 offers from D1s and turned them all down and stopped playing VB after high school.

My cousin went to Ohio State on a full ride for VB and she dropped out partway through 2nd year as she couldn’t “live and breathe volleyball”. Spent 4-6 hours a day in the gym.

I played volleyball as well, played on our Provincial team and National junior team. I had over 20 offers to D1 schools and had shoulder issues in my senior year of high school. Majority of the offers disappeared when they heard of my injury. Decided there was no future in playing volleyball for me and went to a school here in Canada. I still deal with knee, elbow and shoulder issues and I stopped playing after 1st year college.

Should add, I have numerous friends that played various sports that went to D1 programs. Only 1 speaks of the great time he had. 2 went on track scholarships, 1 went to Boston College for Basketball, another to Creighton for basketball, multiple to IVY schools for lacrosse and a few to schools for hockey.
Appreciate 1
chassis6621.00