10-29-2019, 08:24 PM   #32
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I think the main selling point of BMW for me has been the smaller cars with that sweet inline six cylinder engine. With the transition to four cylinder engines and less engaging steering and handling, I feel BMW is becoming more of a Toyota than an enthusiast brand. Nothing wrong with that but that is what made me really start looking at Porsche. I just really can not afford new prices, so have to buy used.
Agree with everything besides "nothing wrong with that." Everything is wrong with that.

My dad was in the same boat as you recently. He couldn't find a modern vehicle better than his E90. Nobody makes such a tactile, fun luxury sport sedan anymore. The closest would be the Alfa Giulia, but one sit inside and you know it's not even built to the standard that E90 was, a car that entered production in 2006. He found himself looking at Porsche like you. Didn't want to spend Panamera type money so had to go with a little SUV. It's amazing to drive, but he always tells me nothing can replace a sedan. He still drives his Bimmer to work half the week as he loves it so much.

Basically, for enthusiasts like us, there's becoming fewer and fewer choices. BMW used to occupy that sweet spot between sportiness and luxury but has skewed far toward the latter this decade.

Last edited by Germanauto; 10-29-2019 at 08:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17366.50
eluded3058.00