View Single Post
      10-30-2018, 02:14 PM   #72
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
The hoffmeister kink on the 8GC makes it look like a Kia Stinger. Also that wheelbase looks long. Interested to see the differences in wheelbases between the 6GC and the 8GC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
Better legroom hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatterson007 View Post
You think this will outperform the M5? I highly doubt that. At least the M5 is an RS7 equal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
I saw 8 series coupe in the flash at Imsa event where Bmw had a tent with few of their top car models and a couple of race cars. 8 series is a horrible looking coupe. Looked extremely oversized, not sporty nor luxury. Yes interior is full of features but to me the car just didn't look right as a whole. I want to ask what else is in that price range in the class before I'd consider it.
Now that they presenting the test car in sedan form, I think this is great and what 8 series just should be. The sedan seems to look better with all those lines and in that size....
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
You do realize you just contradicted yourself right?

You said you saw the 8 series and it looked over sized and not sporty. Then you said the sedan form (Gran Coupe) looked better with all the lines and in that size.

1. The GC is longer than the coupe form.
2. The coupe form is shorter than the old 6.

:
Based on the F10/F06 (5 series, 6 GC) M5/M6 experience:

- The wheelbase of the F10 and F06 M5/M6 were EXACTLY the same

- The performance figures for the M5 and M6 GC were materially the same

- The 8 series coupe and M8 Coupe will likely have a shorter wheelbase than the F90, likely about 2 inches longer than the G M3.

- The 8 series is simply a rebranding of the 6 series. So the 8 GC is a replacement for the 6 GC, and 8 coupe for the 6 coupe. There will be no 6 GC going forward. There will be no M6 going forward. 6 Series cars will be a GT model going forward.

- Expect the M8 Coupe to have marginally better performance figures than the M8 GC and F90 M5 just like how the F12 M6 was marginally better than the F06 M6 and F10 M5.

-Based on all these known factors, it's safe to assume:

1. The M8 GC will have the EXACT performance specs as the F90 M5
2. The M8 GC will have the EXACT wheelbase as the F90 M5
3. The "leg room" will be materially the same, but the head room and interior width will differ due to the GC profile.