View Single Post
      01-31-2023, 09:58 PM   #10
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
You don't remember the color difference of 55 on the gauge? Hell didn't someone write a song about it

You're thinking about this allllllll wrong. By then I'm sure I'll be way dead from natural causes. RIGHT NOW are available conversions to electric. Ford came out saying the electric motor in the Mach E will be available as a crate motor for DIYers to convert to electric. Over my dead body will my E86 go to the crusher before the last push comes to shove to force anyone to 100% ownership of electrics. I will convert my E86 and still enjoy my far outdated infotainment system that DOESN'T cause any type of distraction. I see Touch screens being outlawed far before any of this. Look at how keeping you "connected" went with just phones. States started going hands free blue tooth for anyone who had a car that didn't have phone connect capability. I honestly see Touch screens ONLY when in auto pilot more in the near future. It'll be equal to distracted driving for "being on the phone" now it'll read "rear ended car for switching music apps on the touch screen" All the while I'll be in what ever I converted with NO touch screen paying attention to the road forced to swerve for you to not hit my ass because you had to change the radio station and took your eyes off the road or your auto pilot F'ed up. I know a rant but really...what are all the ICE cars being recycled to? Junk yards are going to be the business of the future. The only solution would be Wall-E for the massive amount of ice junk that would be out there?

After all if you're going to make a flying time machine, why not do it in style
Well most modern bwms have heads up displays. I don't even use the digital dash all the info and navigation you need is on the HUD
Appreciate 0