Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Fair enough—perhaps you could start with this attitude...

I've taken all (but one--an X5M) of my M-cars to one/the other/both the dragstrip and road courses. I've raced both mod'd (dropped/spacers/new wheels/non OEM tires/tuned/etc.) and stock cars (in before and after scenarios) and no perceivable degradation jumps out at me for turn in, launch traction, lap time, ET, etc.

I'm no exception here... and your question makes me think you're possibly unfamiliar with this massive (after)market. There are tens of 1,000s of folks/enthusiasts/customers like me out there buying 1,000s more aftermarket springs, wheels, spacers, turbos, exhausts, intakes, brakes, etc. from H&R, KW, MSS, Pure Turbo, GruppeM, Dinan, APR, Burger, Racechip, Evolve, etc.

This is a huge market and one in which you pay to play. That price is paid in both $$$ amount and risk. Some vendors offset the risk with warranties--most don't. The risk is *mine*, not the supplier that I asked to source me lowering springs and install them.

That said, Ben offered lots of advice, recommendations and experience... but no guarantees. Again: risk = mine.
Everyone thinks they are an M engineeer and race car driver and love to judge threads like this. Maybe they first need to get a car and realize its probably never going to hit the likes of the Ring or even put the limits that you place your car at. And then they judge the installer.. LOL

Its your fucking car- do your thing mate.

Yup, I believe I was... did... have been... will... whatever.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13099.50