View Single Post
      09-20-2020, 12:52 AM   #19
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Those are stock numbers and in the real world a M850i via launch control can beat that as can the Z4. Ambient temperature comes into play given a turbo charged vs super charged solution. However, even at 110 in the Phoenix summer months I still make the stock specs with a few 3.6's. In comparison though during January/February when the daytime highs were in the 60's I hit 3.3 on nearly every launch.
Those are superb numbers I would say especially if your car is stock. Yes according to many reviewers and especially tuning companies the car does stock better than from factory actually declared. A couple of German tuners said for example that when dynoed before applying the tune, many M850ies showed their power to lie between 560 and 570 HP compared to the 530 stock-delared and also a few more torque than originally specified (maxing at around 765-770 NM vx standard 750 NM). Most of all with such a solid basis, it is easy to imagine the potential of this engine. Thus 0-100 km/h is mostly done in 3.5-3.6 sec vs. the 3.7 factory specified.
Appreciate 0